Home:Recipes:Cookware:Essential Cookware:Steamed Whole Chicken
Steamed Whole Chicken
- 1 whole chicken
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine
- 1 teaspoon dark soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 6 cloves of garlic
- Rub the chicken with salt.
- Mix oyster sauce, dark soy sauce, rice wine (optional to add) and honey in a bowl and stir well.
- Brush the marinade on the chicken and let sit for about 5 minutes before cooking.
- Stuff in garlic and pour the remaining marinade into cavity of the chicken.
- Wrap chicken in aluminium foil.
- Steam the chicken at high heat for 30 minutes.
- Remove the ingredients in the chicken and chicken is ready to serve.
- Sprinkle with coriander to taste.
Watch the recipe video here.