FREE SHIPPING* FOR PENINSULAR MALAYSIA ONLY
APPLY 'P10MEMBER' TO ENJOY MEMBER DISCOUNT!
Steamed Sticky Date & Raisin Pudding
- 90g pitted Medjool dates, roughly chopped
- 50g raisin
- 250ml milk
- 75g butter, softened
- 25g soft brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 90g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- zest half orange
- Put the dates, raisins and milk in a frying pan and bring to a boil. Simmer for 5 minutes until the fruit is soft and the liquid is absorbed. Leave to cool.
- Meanwhile, generously butter a 0.5-litre pudding mould. Then, prepare one baking parchment and one sheet of foil, both 5cm wider than the rim of the pudding basin. Lay the baking parchment on top of the foil and butter the parchment. Then, fold a pleat in the centre of the foil and parchment. This will be your lid, set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugar with an electric whisk until pale and fluffy. Add the eggs, beating again until well combined. Finally, add the flour, mixed spice, orange zest, date mixture and a pinch of salt, and stir everything well with a spatula until there are no visible lumps of flour. Pour the cake mixture into the pudding basin.
- Cover the bowl with the parchment, butter-side down. Push the sides of the lid down, then tie a piece of string securely under the lip of the pudding mould.
- To prepare your steamer, place steam rack in the Essential Casserole.
- Place the pudding basin on top of the steam rack and fill it with enough boiling water (water level covered 1/4 of the bowl). Bring to a gentle simmer, then cover the pot with a lid and leave to steam for one and half hour. (Topping up with boiling water if the level gets low.)
- Check the pudding if it is cooked by inserting a wooden chopstick into the centre. If the chopstick has any uncooked mixture on it, return to the pot and steam for another 15 minutes, then check again. Once cooked, serve the pudding with warm butterscotch sauce on top.
- For more information on Cookware, refer here.