Chicken curry & Roti jala
- For Chicken curry
- 1kg chicken
- 3 peeled potatoes, cut into wedges
- 3 ½ tbsp curry powder
- 18g salt
- 150 ml water
- 100 ml coconut milk
- 3 sprig curry leaves (optional)
- 3 shallots
- 2cm ginger
- 70g red chili
- 1 lemongrass
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- For Roti jala
- 150g all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp ground turmeric
- ¼ tsp salt
- 125ml coconut milk mixed with 180ml water
- 1 egg (beaten)
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
Serving size: 4-5 pax
Directions for Chicken curry
- Marinate the chicken with salt for 3 hours.
- Blend ingredients until it becomes a smooth paste.
- Heat up a deep pan and add oil. Then saute blended ingredients until aromatic.
- Add chicken and followed by the remaining ingredients.
- Simmer for half an hour until potatoes are soft.
- Garnish with fresh curry leaves and serve alongside roti jala.
Directions for Roti jala
- Sift flour and ground turmeric into a large bowl.
- Add all of the ingredients into a bowl and whisk until a smooth batter forms.
- Strain into a jar and leave it aside for 10 minutes.
- Brush a little oil onto a non-stick pan on medium heat. Pour some batter into the roti jala cup until about half full.
- Drizzle the batter in quick circular motions forming a netlike pattern. Cook until set about 1-2 minutes. Remove it onto a plate.
- Fold in the sides, and roll up. Serve warm with chicken curry.