Home:Recipes:Shuttle Chef:Ayam Masak Lemak Kuning
Ayam Masak Lemak Kuning
- 5 chicken drumsticks
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 turmeric leaves
- 200ml coconut milk
- 500ml water
- 1 slice dried tamarind (asam keping)
- 1 lemongrass (bottom 2/3, bruised)
- Spice Paste - 4 shallots (peeled and sliced thinly)
- Spice Paste - 3 cloves garlic (finely minced or crushed)
- Spice Paste - 1cm turmeric
- Spice Paste - 3 chilli padi (add more if preferred)
- Coat the chicken pieces with 1 tsp ground turmeric and salt, then set aside to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Crush together shallots, garlic, turmeric and chilli padi to a paste in a mortar and pestle.
- Heat some oil and add crushed paste, dried tamarind, lemongrass and some water into the inner pot and fry until fragrant.
- Add chicken pieces and stir fry for 3 minutes. Pour in the coconut milk, and add turmeric leaves then close lid and bring everything to a gentle boil.
- Once it starts boiling, turn off heat and transfer the inner pot into the vacuum outer pot and heat insulation cooking for 1 hour.
- Season with salt to taste and serve.